There’s something different about you! Actually, a lot has changed. Now, before you start bringing up a list of things you still struggle with, hear us out:
Here’s what’s new about you:
- You are totally forgiven (Colossians 1:13-14).
- You are now a member of God’s family (Romans 8:15).
- You now have the Holy Spirit living inside of you (1 Corinthians 6:19).
- You are a friend of God (John 15:15).
- You have the promise of being with God in heaven forever (2 Corinthians 5:1).
- God isn’t angry with you. Jesus was punished for your sins instead of you (Romans 3:25).
- God is leading you into a wonderful, joy-filled future (1 Corinthians 2:9; Jeremiah 29:11).
- When you fall into sin, you can turn back to God and He’ll be right there to pick you up again because He has promised to never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).
- God has begun the process of making you more like Jesus. He is now patiently teaching and shaping you to love others unconditionally (2 Corinthians 3:18; John 15:5).
- He promises to bring good even out of the painful situations you’ve been through or will go through (Romans 8:28).
A lot has changed about you!
But, as you know, some things haven't changed. You still have struggles. You won’t always follow God perfectly and you will have doubts and challenges along the way. The Holy Spirit is shaping you to be more like Jesus, but it’s a lifelong process for every one of His followers.
But take heart: God is on your side! "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)