- It takes courage to face the truth about yourself — your fears, doubts, and insecurities.
- It takes courage to admit you are wrong when you have hurt someone.
- It takes courage to stand up for righteousness in the midst of what is popular and accepted.
- It takes courage not to defend yourself when you know you are innocent.
- It takes courage to love those that despitefully use and abuse you.
- It takes courage to forgive others so that you can be forgiven.
- It takes courage to believe in a God you can’t see.
- It takes courage to trust that God is in total control when everything around you is in total chaos.
When we walk by faith, we are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses. They walked the same walk before us. Many of them did not get to see the promises of God fulfilled on this side of Heaven. They died still believing that what God promised would be theirs.
These men and women of God faced major challenges because of what they believed, but they still believed. Their lives were shared with us in the Scriptures to encourage and inspire us not to quit in tough times. Let us therefore strip off every weight and every sin that so easily distracts us. Let us lay down our will and become heroes of faith for those that will follow us.
Father, we desire to do your will in the midst of tough situations that we face daily. We want so much to live a life that is pleasing to you. We desire to follow the example of so many others that have gone before us. Their faith walk showed us how courageous they were as they stood for what they believed. May we walk in that same courage as we continue in our journey before you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Throughout This Day: If there is a specific fear or doubt that has been grabbing hold of you recently, bring it to Jesus and pray for his courage to fill your heart as you face that challenge.
Photo Credit: Stephanie Hau on Unsplash