Do you need just the right words for your Christmas card or lesson? Here is an easy way to express the heart of Christmas in just nine words.
- Christ the Lord — born in Bethlehem and laid in a manger (Mathew 2:1, Luke 2:4-7)
- Holy Night — an angel brings good news of great joy (Luke 2:8-12)
- Redeemer — Savior of the world (John 3:16-18, 1 John 4:14-15)
- Immanuel — God with us (Matthew 1:22-23, Isaiah 7:14)
- Shepherds — went to see him (Luke 2:15-16)
- They spread the word — and all who heard were amazed (Luke 2:17-18)
- Mary — found to be with child through the Holy Spirit (Mathew 1:18-21, Luke 1:26-35)
- Angels — praising God (Luke 2:13-14)
- Shining star — wise men saw the star and they were overjoyed (Mathew 2:1-10)
“The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” — which means, “God with us.” Mathew 1:23
“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.” Mathew 2:11
Wow! What an amazing account of the wonderful birth of our beloved Savior. May we continually celebrate, worship, and honor him for who he is and all he has done on our behalf.